Monday, January 14, 2013

The big 2-0!! :)

Another week down, and I get to celebrate on my birthday! :)  Pretty boring update this week!  Things are still going well.  This is the week they begin to measure babies head to heel, instead of crown to rump.  So this week the babies are a little over 10 inches long...about the size of a banana!!  Something interesting (and a little weird!) that I read was that my amniotic fluid will begin tasting like what I eat, and the babies will begin to develop food preferences based on what I eat.  If that's true, these babies are going to LOVE skittles!! :) Our baby girls movements seem to have caught up in frequency to the boys.  I still have days where I feel them moving much more than others.  When I feel them at the same time I have to wonder if they are fighting for room in there! :) Or maybe just already fighting with eachother.  I'm outgrowing all the things I was "getting by" with and will have to add some maternity clothes to my closet.  Despite getting larger I've really felt better and had more energy the last couple weeks than I have the whole pregnancy so far.  We've started our registries, which was exciting and overwhelming!  I'll definitely need to talk to experienced mothers on what is really necessary!  Our next checkup is Friday!  Hope everyone has a great week!


2 comments:

  1. You look great! I'm behind on reading this week. You should talk to Laura about registry stuff she likes to help people with that. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew that about the taste of the amniotic fluid, that's crazy and very interesting. Yay for skittles!

    ReplyDelete